How To Become An ISO For North American Bancard Agent Program?
Thinking of starting your business, but don’t know the best source or what kind of business will be profitable in the short as well as the long run, then you can give a thought on becoming an ISO for merchant services. ISO or Independent Sales Organization provides credit card facilities to a different merchant on behalf of a particular bank. In today’s world many people prefer using their credit or debit cards, merchants are therefore forced to keep a facility for customers not willing to make cash payments. Your job is to help those businesses to adapt to the financial changes and create more customers. There are a few steps that need to be followed to become an ISO.
Give a name to your business
Every business needs a specific name. To become an ISO, the first step you to take is to give your business a name that says what it deals with. But, remember that VISA or MasterCard are legal names and cannot be used as your business name. Your business name needs to be unique and catchy. For this, you need to do a lot of research so that you are somewhat sure that your business name doesn’t match with any other business. You can visit the Secretary of State to get your business name authorized. They’ll check and let you know if the name is authentic, otherwise, be ready with a new name.
Decide on the structure
Just like every other business, ISOs also have a structure. It can usually be a corporation or a partnership. The most common form is a partnership, where you can have a joint business. There are many ventures like the North American Bancard agent program where you can enroll yourself as an aspiring ISO and they will contact you. But, remember that before entering into any partnerships, you need to go through the form very well, be well versed with their terms and conditions, and only then take the decision.
Make a business plan
You need a complete business plan before you can make a contract with any bank. This business plan is very necessary and should include the following:
- Summarize the business requirements.
- Mention whether or not there is scope for the expansion of the business. Like the growing rate of e-commerce.
- You need to analyze whether or not your customers are more inclined towards cash payments or card payments.
- Competitor’s weaknesses and strengths should be known and you need to analyze how you are in an advantageous position in comparison to your competitors.
- State your marketing and advertising plans.
- Operation and management are very important for the day to day successful work of your business.
- Financially you need to be aware of where you want to see your business in the last three or five years and also about the amount of funding you require starting your company.
Get all the licenses and permits
To be successful and recognized businessmen, you need to make sure you have all the necessary licenses and permits to start the business.