Some Top Foods for Healthy eyes
Eyes are the most important part of our body and 80% of the things that we perceive come through the sense of our sight. Hence it is very essential to protect your eyes by taking healthy foods so that you can reduce the chances of blindness or developing eye diseases such as cataracts and glaucoma. But most people are not aware of the foods that are very healthy for our eyes due to which they use to skip those foods in their diet resulting in eye diseases. Hence in this article, we have come up with some essential foods that are very healthy for our eyes.
Healthy food for eyes that should not be skipped
The following are some best food for eyes:
- Raw Vegetables: Raw vegetables like celery and carrots are very helpful for your eyes. Vitamin A is a key nutrient for your eyes and chewing raw vegetables like celery and carrots can boost the level of Vitamin A as these vegetables contain beta carotene which is used by the body to create Vitamin A. So you should consume green leafy vegetables during this period such as Broccoli, beans, chickpeas, lemongrass, mushrooms, spinach, etc. for healthy eyes.
- Cheese: The dairy product such as cheese boost eye health as it has a high level of protein and calcium. However, it is always recommended to consume only natural cheese and not to go for processed cheese.
- Milk: Milk is very essential for healthy eyes. Milk contains a huge amount of protein and calcium that are essential in building strong eyesight. Apart from that milk also contains Vitamin and phosphorus that are also very essential for our eyes. It is highly beneficial for eyes if you take a glass of turmeric milk every day before going to sleep.
- Leafy Green Vegetables: Vegetables such as spinach, kale, cabbage, etc. are very essential for our eyes as they are rich in calcium, folic acid, Vitamin B, and many other essential minerals that help to keep your eyes healthy.
- Fish: Fish contains Omega 3 oil such as Eicosapentaenoic Acid EPA and docosahexaenoic acid DHA. Cold Fish, such as sardines, herring, salmon, mackerel, and tuna contain a huge amount of Omega 3 that helps to maintain the eyesight.
- Nuts: Another essential food for healthy eyes is nuts. Nuts also contain calcium, vitamins and minerals, potassium, and zine which is very beneficial for our eyes.
- Black tea and Green tea: You may be surprised to know that black tea or green tea is also very beneficial for our eyes as they have high amounts of polyphenols which is useful for slowing down the growth of bacteria. These are those bacteria that cause a problem in the eyes and cause eye disease. Apart from that, the polyphenols that are found in black tea is very helpful to have good eyesight.
- Vitamin C rich foods: Along with iron, the vitamin is also essential for eyes. So it is recommended to consume citrus food such as orange, grapes, kiwi, cranberries, watermelon, etc. to those people who have some issues with their eyesight.