Because video conferencing is taking over the world of corporate and small businesses, has a dynamics very much like a face-to-face meeting, it is essential that people put more interest in order to have a more corporate meeting which can be used to share ideas, information and tackle company problems while saving cost. Some tips have been highlighted for making a good video conference tool like eztalks.
Here are important points to remember:
- Plan Ahead: Set a pattern and gather the contacts of all the participants to avoid doing everything in the nick of time.
- Before the scheduled time, test all equipment to see if they are working properly. This avoids scares and delays to correct for possible failures.
- Do you want to use presentations or send files during video conferencing? Separate them in advance, so you do not keep looking during the meeting.
- Choose a location with good lighting and no external noise. Also, leave the location organized or at least the part that will appear in the video conferencing room, whether it is in an office or home office.
- Remember it is a meeting like any other. So beware of your behavior. Do not spend all the time moving your cell phone, avoiding side conversations, wear clothes that fit the standard of your business, and make room for everyone to talk. If possible, leave your microphone mute when you are not speaking.
- When you’re finished, if the program you’ve used provides a link to the video, it’s cool to send participants along with the key points discussed.
The Scenario of the Videoconference in the Companies
Check out some very interesting research findings by experts:
- The cost reduction is the third most cited benefit of respondents (87%). First, it was an increase in efficiency and productivity (94%). The impact of the discussions (88%) and the acceleration of decision-making (87%) were also mentioned.
- 25% of respondents use video conferencing every day. 39% use it every week. And 21% make use of this technology every month.
- Although computers, notebooks, and video conferencing equipment are more widely used, about one-third of respondents said they use tablets and smartphones for this type of meeting. This shows how video conferencing can be a practical and affordable solution.
Thus, a video conference is making waves on its own, thereby, making jobs easier and helping companies to the needful when necessary. In this way, the CEO might decide not to come to work every day and still do the necessary things he needs to do.