Top Tips to Get Rid of Wrinkles
Wrinkles are often treated as an unfortunate side-effect of old age. While it is true that wrinkles develop over time, it is not “old-age” itself that causes wrinkles. Other factors, such as excessive exposure to sunlight, are the main culprits. Many people realise that there are ways to prevent wrinkles from forming. For instance, by reducing your exposure to the sun, or by reducing your consumption of tobacco and other smokable products. However, people are not nearly as aware of the methods of reducing or getting rid of wrinkles after they have already formed. Here are some top tips for getting rid of wrinkles and smoothing the fine lines on your skin:
- Using products with antioxidants: Antioxidants, such as thiols and ascorbic acid, are composed of vitamins A, C and E, which mildly help in reducing wrinkles. Fortunately, antioxidants tend not to have negative side-effects. Thus, people who are unwilling to risk other health-related factors should go for such methods. Antioxidant products may also protect your skin from the sun, thus preventing wrinkles from worsening.
- The use of deeper peels: Deeper peels remove the upper surface of your skin through the use of chemicals such as trichloroacetic acid and phenol. They are the deepest type of peels that can happen to your skin. The use of deeper peels will smooth the fine lines in your skin, and thus reduce your wrinkles. However, it is important for the peel not to be too deep, because that risks scarring your skin.
- Getting Botulinum Toxin (Botox) treatment: Botox treatment is widely regarded as one of the most successful methods regarding getting rid of wrinkles. It paralyses the underlying muscles, which helps to reduce the fine lines and underlying wrinkles on the skin above. However, it is important to note that you can not undertake botox treatment under certain conditions – for instance, if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding. Springwell clinic botox treatments are available in Henley on Thames.
- Getting Dermabrasion treatment: Dermabrasion treatment refers to the little-heard-of process of “sanding down” one’s skin. Such procedures require a great deal of expertise from the professional, so be sure to find a reputable clinic before undergoing such treatment. If incorrectly done, side effects may include permanent changing of skin colour and scarring of the skin.
- Using moisturisers: Although this method does not help people who want to permanently get rid of their wrinkles, it does provide a temporary solution. The use of moisturisers can make the fine lines in your skin stand out less. It is also a good solution for those who are unwilling to take the health/appearance risks involved with many of the other options.
- Plastic surgery: Although plastic surgery does not always have a positive outcome, it is still one of the most successful methods at getting rid of wrinkles. Discuss this option with your doctor if you are interested. One notable negative is that costs tend to be high.