STEPS TO POT YOUR PLANT INTO ANOTHER NURSERY PLANTER
Nursery planters are used in cultivating nursery plants of different species, types, and sizes, as such it is important to know that a plant that is healthy and viable doesn’t remain the same size after some days or weeks of planting. Therefore there may be times you have to change your plant from a particular nursery planter to another, we must not that nursery planters are the containers that are used in cultivating nursery plants. Below are the steps required to transfer your plant from one nursery planter to another.
- Remove the plants from the nursery planters that are used in growing them, be careful to hold the plant gently by the stems or leaves, and give some taps to the bottom of the container until the plant comes out of it, sometimes you might need to help with a little bit of pressure for it to come out, and you must as well do it gently so that you won’t injure the plant in the bit of transferring it.
- You will have to loosen the roots, after removing plants from nursery planters the next thing you do is loosen the root gently with your hands. You must ensure that the thicker roots at the base of foliage are not tampered with, however, you can cut off any threadlike roots that are extra long. If your plant happens to be a root-bound which means that the root might be growing in very tight circles, all you need to do is unbind the roots as you can, and then trim them.
- You will now have to remove about one-third or even more of the potting materials that were used in preparing the plant initially, you will have to remove some of the initial nutrients so that it will give room for the additional new nutrients you will be adding.
- After you must have removed the potting mix from the plant it is now time to add fresh potting materials to the new nursery planters, and this time around the new nursery planters will be making use of must be a size that will be able to contain the plants, and the nursery planters must also have drainage holes or lines.
- It is now time to place your nursery plants into the new nursery planters that now have the fresh potting materials, after this is to now do an adequate watering of your plant and watch your plant become blossoming in days.