Recipes for healthy and tasty snacks
Snacks are important to satisfy mid-meal hunger. Though it is important, still it is difficult to decide what to consume as a snack. The oily snacks if overeaten can lead to obesity. Snacks should be nutritious as well as keep you full till the next meal. Home-cooked snacks are the best option to promote healthy snacking habit. Some of the recipes are mentioned below which are healthy, tasty and can be made in a few minutes.
Baked sweet potato chips: This is a healthy and homemade sweet chips recipe.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cut the sweet potato lengthwise into 2 halves.
- Cut potatoes into chips using the slicer attachment. Arrange coins on the baking sheets. Spray with cooking spray. Season both sides with seasoned salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until edges start to curl. About 20 – 25 minutes. Season with more salt. Let cool until crisp.
Dry roasted chickpea: These crisp roasted chickpeas serve as a great snack idea. They are healthy and to increase the taste season them with your favorite flavor.
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Salt to taste
- Air-dry the chickpeas by spreading them on paper towels for about 45 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the chickpeas on it.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) until golden for about 40 minutes. Shake the pan every 10 minutes. Remove chickpeas from the oven and toss with mixed spice and salt. Place chickpeas back into the oven; turn the oven off until completely cold, for about 2 hours.
Bagel bites: The bagel bites are an exceptional treat. They are one of the yummiest snacks.
- 1/4 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 plain bagels, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the bagel slices on a medium cookie sheet and sprinkle with the seasoning mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 5 minutes, or till slightly crispy.
Snacking prevents you from overeating during your meals. You may get super easy recipes in the book The Fat Burning Kitchen.